Grad Party and Mini Cheesecakes

/ Monday, June 9, 2014

So, this Sunday we threw my sisters high school grad party! We had a great time, and of course, had great food. I made mini cheesecakes that were a definite hit, and we had a made-to-order pasta bar. It was amazing to see all of the planning we put in come together and it was great to have a spectacular grad party.

Before, I get more into that, however, I'm taking a short 2 week break from The Sunday Pasty because I'm going back to Germany for vacation. I'm extremely excited, as I am going with an exchange program and will be living with a family there. I hope to get some amazing pictures to share with you all as well.

Anyways, the grad party was very Pinterest inspired, and we ended up having some good ideas I hadn't seen many other parties do before...


The picture above and below was out table setting and basic decorations. We found many different grad party graphic packages on Etsy that we bought and printed out ourselves.





We had a pasta bar where people picked out their personal favorite and we made it for them on the spot. I cooked most of the time with my cousin and we had a great time. Our sauces were homemade and they were a huge hit. (I also got super good at flipping all the together ingredients right in the pan!) 


We had three different cakes as well. I made the mini cheesecakes as well and they were perfect for the event.


I doubled this recipe and made 48 cheesecakes, however, I only had one cheesecake pan. This meant I had to sit there and wait 20 min for them to cook and then another 15 or so for them too cool before I could re-use the pan. If you are making more than one batch, I would highly recommend buying another mini cheesecake pan. 

Mini Cheesecakes

Yeilds 24
Adapted from: Food Network

For the Crust:
2 cups finely ground grahm crackers
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 stick unsalted butter, melted

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients with a fork until evenly moistened. Lightly coat the bottom and sides of a mini cheesecake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Put a small handful of curst in the bottom of each well and press down firmly with fingertips.

For the Filling:
1 pound cream cheese, 2 (8-ounce) blocks, softened
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 lemon, zested
1 tsp vanilla extract

In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on low speed for 1 minute until smooth and free of any lumps. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and continue to beat slowly until combined. Gradually add sugar and beat for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla. Periodically scrape down the sides of the bowl and the beaters. The batter should be well-mixed but not over beaten. Fill crevices almost all the way to the top. They will puff up a bit in the oven, but will fall when cooling. Place in the middle rack of an oven for 19 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing the cheesecakes by pressing a wooden spoon through the bottom. Cool completely and place in refrigerator for 4 hours.


The party altogether was a hit, and I hop you enjoy the cheesecakes. See you in 2 weeks!






No comments

Post a Comment

The Sunday Pastry. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.