Two Failures and A Fruit

/ Sunday, November 3, 2013

The past two weeks have basically been baking failures. Last week I made a mango flan, but the recipe was quite different and it ended up being unable. This week's creation, an Apple and Pomegranate Tarte Tatin, is cooling on my counter right now and it is an extremely ugly lump of apple and pomegranate mush that just reeks of failure, although it tasted pretty good, it defiantly wasn't worth my 2 1/2 hours in the kitchen. So, that leaves me with nothing to post about.
However, last weekend, I was shopping at the grocery store, when I passed my a very interesting fruit:


It's called a Buddas Hand, and after a quick look up of what it actually was, I decided to buy one.
It is a citrus fruit that gives off an amazing smell. There is no juice or anything, but you can simply wash it, cut it, then eat it or you can candy it. In most recipes its zest is used, but can usually just be substituted with lemon.

Here are some recipes on how to candy the Buddhas hand:

And if you want to know more check out this Wikipedia Page:

Hopefully next week I will have a great recipe for you!
Until then!



No comments

Post a Comment

The Sunday Pastry. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.