Nectarine Tart

/ Monday, August 5, 2013

This week I went to the Uptown Art Fair here in Minneapolis, and I was going to take pictures to show on this blog, but there was a chance of rain and I decided it's better to be safe than sorry. Although, the fair was beautiful with its amazingly talented artists. But me being a kitchen nerd, I went right past all those to my favorite kitchen store's sidewalk sale where I contemplated buying almost everything I laid my eyes on. And after all the compemplation, I only bought one pastry tip. Well, that's usually how all my shopping adventures go.

Anyways, this week I decided to get away from my cookbooks and go back to one of my favorite blogs, Tarteltte. So here you have this week's recipe:

Nectarine Tart

Serves 8 to 10
From: Tarteltte

For the Crust:
2 tablespoons slivered almonds
1/2 cup powdered sugar, unsifted, divided
1/2 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
pinch of salt
3/4 cup all purpose flour

Place almonds and 1 tablespoon powdered sugar in a food processor. Pulse until the nuts are finely ground. In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter, ground nuts and salt on medium speed until well-combined. Slowly add remaining powdered sugar and flour and mix well. Add a couple of tablespoons of cold water to help the dough come together if necessary. Shape dough into a ball and flatten into a disc. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours or overnight.
Place the dough in between two sheets of plastic wrap or parchment paper and roll it out to about 1/4-inch thick round.
Place in a 9-inch tart pan, trim the edges. Prick the dough with a fork and refrigerate 30 minutes up to 2 hours. (you can even freeze the dough in the tart pan at this point and let thaw in the fridge overnight when you are ready).


For the Filling:
4 to 6 just ripe nectarines halved, pitted, and sliced thin
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon slivered almonds

Once the dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and position a rack in the middle shelf.
Layer the nectarines in the shell, overlapping each other until the whole tarte area is covered. Drizzle with the honey and almonds.
Bake for about 35 to 45 minutes until the tarte is golden.


Again no pictures this week due to comutermalfuntions, no editing software, and no way of even viewing my pictures! I hope to have everytihign back up and running by next week!

No comments

Post a Comment

The Sunday Pastry. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.