Clementine Upsidown Cakes

/ Tuesday, May 7, 2013



Spring is officially upon us here in Minnesota, for me that means alot of soccer. I had three games this weekend and was worried I wouldn't be able to make anything. No fear though, I squeezed in these beautiful cakes into my schedule.
First, though I just wanted to say I applied for a job! It's a serving position at a senior high-rise, and I am very excited to see if they will hire me.





Clementine Upsidown Cakes

Recipe from: Drizzle and Dip
Creates 15 small cakes

For the Cakes:
225g butter – room temp
225g caster sugar*
225g flour
2t baking powder
4 large eggs – room temp
finely grated zest of 2 small Clemengold’s
1/2 – 1 t of brown sugar for each cake
15 slices of peeled clementines (1 slice per cake)

*You can use regular sugar group up in a coffee grinder.

For the Hot Syrup:
1/2 cup of clementine juice
1/2 cup sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, allowing to fully combine between each addition Add the clementine zest and mix. By hand, sift the flour and the baking powder over the mix and fold it in to combine.
Sprinkle around 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of brown sugar in the bottom of each cavity of a greased muffin pan. Add a slice of clementine (cut about 1cm thick) on top of the sugar. Using an ice-cream scoop, evenly measure out the cake batter and dollop onto each clementine (about 3/4 of the way up the pan). Bake for 25 – 30 mins, until golden brown.




Until Next Week!
Enjoy!


No comments

Post a Comment

The Sunday Pastry. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.