Churros

/ Monday, April 29, 2013

Hi everyone!
This weekend we finally saw the beautiful spring weather we have all been waiting for here in Minneapolis, and I hope you took advantage of it just as much as I did. This weekend a friend and I went to an amazing sushi bar, and made another batch of Tres Leches cake from last weeks post because we both loved it very much. My sister and I also hit up a few garage sales and estate sales where I picked up the tray that is used in the photos this week. It was an amazing deal and a great addition to my props box.
One more small announcement, I am throwing out monthly themes. I liked it at the beginning, but now I have so many recipes from different areas I want to try. It's just easier if I choose week by week.
Churros though, finish out the month of April's Traditional Mexican and Spanish Dessert theme. These wonderful little pastries were very good. They were perfect as a dessert and as a snack.




Churros

Based on a recipe from: Big Oven
Serves: 11


For Churro:
1 cup water 1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon Salt 1 cup all-purpose flour
4 large Eggs oil for deep frying
1 1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon

In a heavy saucepan, bring water, butter, and salt to a full boil. Remove from heat. Add the flour all at once, stirring briskly. Stir until the mixture pulls away from the side of the pan and forms a ball. Put the mixture in a bowl. Whip an electric mixer on medium speed; add one egg at a time. After adding the last egg, beat the mixture for one minute.
In a separate bowl combine sugar and cinnamon. Stir until combined, then set aside.

Heat 2-3 inches of oil to 375 degrees F in a deep, heavy pan. Fit a pastry bag or cookie press with a 9 1/2 inch star tip. Pipe out 6 in long tubes of dough into the oil. Fry, turning a few times, for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain the churros well on paper towels and roll them in the sugar mixture. Eat same day.


No comments

Post a Comment

The Sunday Pastry. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.